Friday, September 5, 2008

"Mommy guess what Daddy said we could have?"

The boys ran upstairs to me while I was feeding Sophia on Monday yelling "Mommy guess what Daddy said we could have?"  This is a loaded question with Evan, the answer could be basically anything and is usually trouble.  Before I could answer they answered for me "Fish!!!"  Our neighbor had some guppies (which Chris calls gulpies)that she wanted to get rid of and had called and conveniantly talked to Evan to see if we wanted them.  I am not a fish hater or something but we had goldfish about a year and a half ago and they lasted for a few days before the whole house stunk and we ended up flushing the living ones (they of course go to the ocean as we all learned on "Finding Nemo").  Anyway I really didn't want to go through that whole feasco again but we went next door and got them and the boys are thrilled.  Spencer named his "Snippy" and Chris named his "Treebee" they make sure mom feeds them all the time and when they are bored I tell them to go look at thier fish which they enthusiasticaly do.  So far they are not stinking up the room so they can stay.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

Way cute picture! You are a good photographer. I am an animal hater. Randy and the boys always try to talk me into small pets, lizards, fish, hamsters, stuff like that. I always tell them when they are old enough to take care of them themselves we will think about it.

Becky said...

I said the exact same thing but Evan went over my head on this one. Oh well, at least all I have to do is feed them twice a day Evan is doing the rest. The boys love them and it's not a too big of a deal.