Friday, October 10, 2008

Utes or Cougars Fan?

Well, Chris got his first hard cast 10 days ago.  He chose a red cast (much to Dad's dismay).  When I told him that he couldn't go to a BYU football game with a red cast he matter of factly said "Then I won't go to a BYU football game mom." The reason for the red cast is Chris wanted a "Spiderman" cast (even though he knows nothing about Spiderman and has never seen a movie or read a comic book or anything).  We are not sure where this Spiderman fascination came from.  This morning, before we went to the doctors to get his second cast, he was still undecided about what color to get.  In an effort to appease Evan I told Chris if he got a blue cast then I would paint "BYU" on it.  That was the deal maker.  Everything is going well with his arm healing.  He was a little apprehensive about the cast being sawed off and it hurt him to have to rotate his arm when they were taking x-rays today but other than that he is great.  He will have this last cast on for about 3 weeks (he will get it off the day before Halloween).  Even though he is left handed his broken arm hasn't slowed him down, he has figured out how to do most everything right handed.  I'm glad kids adapt so well to changes.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That is awesome. I am totally doing that if my boys ever need casts. We believe in training fans young.

Chris and Bonnie said...

I'm so proud of Chris! It sounds like he is adapting well to his cast. I remember when I broke my right wrist I had a hard time at first trying to do things left handed. I eventually figured out a way to hold my pencil in my right hand so it didn't hurt. Towards the end of my time my hand writing was better with the cast than without, I almost didn't want the cast taken off! In the end I decided I didn't want it anymore. Good job Chris and we love you!