Friday, September 18, 2009

Sophia Is 18 Months

Sophia turned 18 months last Monday. We took her to nursery the Sunday before not quite sure how she would do. She had a great time! Evan had subbed in nursery a few weeks ago and took Sophia with him. She did awful! She has a real sharing problem since she doesn't have to share at our house really. We were concerned she would behave the same way.

I took her in and she didn't want me to leave for awhile. She stood there watching all the other kids and I think she realized that they were all older than her and that she wasn't "queen bee" like she is at our house =) After a few minutes I slipped out. I checked on her a few times but she never seemed to be upset about me leaving. She seemed to have a great time. I hope this is how it will always be!

One thing I've always done with our kids is write down all the words they say at 18 months. Sophia says almost 100! I don't know if that is because I am able to understand "baby language" better now or if having more people talk to her has helped or if it's because she is a girl, but she "says" the most words of the 3 kids.

Her favorite word? "No." She says it to any question I ask her even if I know the answer is yes. Some things don't change!


I love having a girl. She is definitelydifferent than her brothers but she adds a lot to our family and that has been wonderful!

No comments: