Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas eve we went to Evan's grandparent's house for the Montgomery Christmas party. Lots of fun and lots of yummy food! Sophia and her "cousin" Tylee spent most of the evening drawing on their new doodle pads. Because it was Christmas eve the kids of course had to get their pajamas that grandma Stephens' makes every year for them. The kids were so wound up they didn't fall asleep on the way home and for a few hours after we got home. Ugh! Sweet Chris closed his eyes the whole way home trying to sleep and kept telling his siblings that they needed to go to sleep too so Santa could come. Ultimately though sleep finally won and Santa could come. During the day on Christmas eve the boys kept acting out what they would do on Christmas morning. They would run upstairs to "wake up" mom and dad screaming "Santa came, Santa came! Let's open presents!" I informed them that if they did that I would stay in my bed so they changed their tone a bit and would instead whisper that Santa had come and could they please open presents. Christmas morning didn't quite turn out how they had planned though. Since they had stayed up so late they didn't wake up early. Sophia woke up about 7:15 and we went to wake up the boys. It took them a minute to wake up and then there was no holding them back! We had a great Christmas. I must brag for a moment. Evan made the little kitchen for Sophia! I haven't been able to park in my garage for about 2 months but it turned out very cute and the kids love it! A fun thing we were able to do later in the day was talk to my sister Kirra who is on her mission. When she called my family we were skyping with them at the same time so we could all talk to each other. She is doing well and it was good to talk to her.

3 comments:

Kit said...

What an awesome kitchen!!! I can't wait until Deisy is old enough to want one!
Have a happy new year!

Neisy said...

Oh Becky! What fun! I love, love. love, the Kitchen! And I love the little guys' enthusiasm! Too much fun!
Glad it was great!
love
denise

Carrie said...

I haven't been up to date on blogs at all lately since our move to WA. The kitchen is amazing, love the matching jammies (Grandma Hong does that too), and CONGRATULATIONS on baby 4! I hope you're starting to feel better.