Our little "Spencerific" is now 6! I can hardly believe it. These are just some fun pictures from all the festivities.
We let him have a little "playdate" party after school with a group of his friends. It was perfect. It lasted for an hour and I didn't have to do anything but have stuff ready for kids to decorate their own cupcakes. (Didn't even do that, I'm so lazy!) No games, no bags, nothing. Definitely they way to go! The funny thing is that this time the gender differences were very apparent, whereas other parties not so much. The boys were CRAZY and the SWEET girls had no clue what to think about that. I talked to the girls' parents later and both of them apparently had a good time, which is good cause I wasn't so sure!

Spencer got this fun hat at school which he had to show off. He and one of his best friends have the same birthday and are in the same class at school so he thought that was pretty cool. I'm sure their classmates thought it was pretty cool too, double treats!

Spencer is still very much into pirates so I made this treasure chest for his cake. Probably the best ease to look ratio I've ever stumbled upon.

Spencer got a magic kit for his birthday and it has been non-stop magic shows around here ever since. He has showed Grandma and Grandpa Baird while we skyped with them, he had another show during the Stephens' party we had at our house, and all the shows to practice in between. He's getting pretty good and the tricks are actually pretty decent ones.

And of course we have to sneak in a picture of all the other birthday people too (and a few extras because Sophia really wanted her picture taken and Rhys because he wasn't happy unless he was being held by mom). Unfortunately Brittany couldn't come because her baby was sick. Missed you! Happy Birthday!
Oh, and on a side note notice that Sophia is wearing short sleeves. It is not because I'm an awful mother, but because it was in the 50's on my birthday! I don't think I've ever been able to go for a walk and/or go to the park because it was so nice on my birthday. What a great birthday present! Just what I needed since the winter blahs are setting in. I hope the groundhog was right and spring is just around the corner =)
No comments:
Post a Comment