Monday, April 30, 2012

Race Time

I haven't run a race since BYU days and thought it might be about time. I signed up for the Thanksgiving Point 5K. When I told the kids they were very excited and started telling me they knew I was going to win. I love that I have such positive little cheerers in my life. I think that knowing I had a race coming up (and that my kids thought I would win :) made me much more accountable in my running. I don't think this will be the last race I sign up for because I need that motivation plus it was a good experience.

The kids and Evan made this sign for me.

Running.

Victorious after the race. The kids thought it was pretty cool that I ran a race. In fact Chris and Spencer think it would be fun to run the kid's 1 mile race next year. I hope they do. Sophia loves that I got a medal and truly does think I won. I think I just might have.

4 comments:

Dad said...

It looks like you have come a long way since that "Leprechaun Dash" you ran so many years ago. I still remember running ahead of you to clear the way through the crowd only to find out I was running so slow it was holding you back. I miss my little girl but I am so proud of the woderful woman she has become.

Dad said...

It looks like you have come a long way since that "Leprechaun Dash" you ran so many years ago. I still remember running ahead of you to clear the way through the crowd only to find out I was running so slow it was blocking holding you back. I miss my little girl but am so proud of the woderful woman she has become.

Becky said...

I don't remember it that way, pretty sure you were much faster than me :) But I do remember it being a fun thing to do with my dad. Thanks for taking the time to do things like that with me.

Kit said...

For sure you won! that is so cute.