Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween


We tried something a little different this year with our pumpkins. Usually we have the kids draw their own designs but this year Chris' grade was having a pumpkin decorating contest and he really wanted to win so we scoured the internet looking for ideas. Sophia settled on a bat design early on and Spencer insisted on a pirate pumpkin. Chris really wanted to do a face so he picked this one.

I wish I had taken pictures of all the cute and very creative pumpkins the first graders came up with. They were honestly AMAZING! Now we know for next year what we are up against, and will do more than just carve a face =) The kids really enjoyed carving pumpkins this year. Sophia is at the age where she will NOT touch the pumpkin "guts" but the boys thought it was okay especially since they both had homework associated with the pumpkin carving and seeds. Yea for extra fun homework!

Even before I had kids I wanted to have a child dressed up as a pea pod. I got the idea while we lived in Pittsburgh but have yet to be able to use it since all my children have been mobile by Halloween and would not go along with it. I was so excited to finally have my little pea pod! And he's cute to boot!







Evan had a little too much fun creating this "Spooky Halloween" Picture. The funny thing is that when the boys went with Evan to do a little more trick-or-treating they were too scared to go to a few of the houses because of the decorations. I think this house would have trumped all our neighbor's houses and the kids certainly wouldn't have gotten even this close =)

I just wanted to show off all of Sophia's costume because I think it's so cute. We used aunt Ashley's old dress and then my very kind mother-in-law made the little hat and lacy pants. Thank you! The fun thing for me was that I was Little Bo Peep when I was Sophia's age too. Overall a good Halloween with too much candy but also too much fun. Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a fun October! Rhys looks so adorable as a pea pod. Definitely worth the wait. What's the website for the haunted house? Danny would have tons of fun doing that.

Becky said...

Carrie, Evan isn't sure what the actual site is but he just googled haunted houses and then went to images and found it there. Sorry I'm not more help.